Monday, October 13, 2008

Well, just 2 months later!

Before my last post, my father in law had gone into the hospital for surgery for colon cancer. The surgery itself was successful, but he had complications in the hospital. It's a long story, but over 3 weeks he declined, went in and out of a coma, and died on August 27th.

I tell people I feel like I blacked out for a month of my life. There was so much going on, we were actually away on vacation the 1st week of August. Then the kids were home out of camp for a week before school started, I went to the 2nd annual Flordia Down syndrome Conference in Orlando. Went straight to the hospital when I got back Saturday night. The kids started school. My husband was at the hospital, I was at the hospital, my mother in law was at the hospital (and therefore not providing the childcare she normally does).

It was so heartbreaking when my FIL died. We were all in shock and dismay. Putting together the viewing, the funeral, then starting to go thru paperwork and records and finances. Clearing out his law office. Getting Joey a 2nd hearing evaluation. Trying to work somewhere in there.

I blinked and a month, 2 months of my life have washed away like waves on the beach. I have only the big memories, I don't know what went on day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment